Welcome . . .
The Temple of Harmony is an 18th century folly standing in the corner of Mill Wood, a 19 acre pleasure garden created for Sir Charles Kemeys Tynte on the Halswell Park Estate between 1745 and 1785.
The Temple of Harmony is based on the 1st Century Temple of FORTUNA VIRILIS in Rome and was completed in 1767. It is Grade II* listed and was fully restored by the Somerset Buildings Preservation Trust in 1996 and managed by the Halswell Park Trust until 2020. Today the Temple is once again part of the Halswell Estate and can be visited from late May until the end of September on Sundays and Bank Holidays between 2 pm and 5 pm. Visit the main website for the Halswell Estate at https://halswellpark.wordpress.com/